Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Glorious Day

Low 80's. Sunny. DRY.

It is the perfect day for gardening or going to the beach or sitting under a tree and admiring my almost-complete new fence.

Or

Taking a nap.

Which is what I am going to do, as my children are at the beach with a friend today and I am feeling extraordinarily

langorously

deliciously

tired.



And, when I lie down to take a nap in the middle of the day, part of the luxury of it is that I can lie there and think about

Jesus

my one and only savior. My dearest friend.

Often I imagine conversations with him. I picture him sitting next to me, or standing near me, telling me things. He is always cryptic in these encounters. Not effusive, not emotional, just matter of fact and laconic. Sometimes funny, but always dry.

Sometimes silent.

Just imagining myself in his presence is often the best of all.

Sitting silently with my Beloved.

No comments: