Saturday, August 26, 2006

Amazon.com

My mom told me that if you put her name in the search on Amazon.com, she comes up. A couple of her poems were published in a book of poetry called "Regrets Only", which is, not suprisingly, a collection on the theme of regret.

She was excited.

Getting on Amazon.com is a kind of benchmark for writers.

When my friend, Mark McElroy, wrote his first book, the biggest thrill for him was when he could find it on Amazon, before it was even released. Seeing it in the aisle at Barnes & Noble was another huge thrill. Holding his first copy in his hand, too. (It was a bit of a thrill for me, too, frankly, as I was in the acknowledgements!)

Yesterday I was searching on Amazon for a new porta potti for the camper.

Today I am looking at poetry.



What a world.

No comments: