Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Lent is...

flying by this year! Even with the fasting and daily reading and various other lenten disciplines, I find that for some reason, it seems to be speeding along. Careening towards Holy Week.

Part of it is that I am very busy with my new business. I feel like I am picking up momentum and I am putting a lot of energy into it, which is great, but I find it hard to settle down and find quiet moments.

Part of it might be that I am in a Christian church now. I feel like I am part of the rhythm of the season... going to church every week and listening to the lectionary readings with millions of others. It feels very right.

I must say, I am not feeling terribly penitential. I am almost giddy most of the time. I feel like the veil lifts during Lent. I feel like Jesus is very close.

And now I am in the midst of reading John and am so pleased that I am going to finish the 'Bible in 90 days' project smack dab in the middle of Holy Week. That seems very right too. My journey with the bible will come to a close on April 11th.

Flying through the bible and flying through Lent. Hmmm.

No comments: