Friday, June 08, 2007

Price Rite

After dropping off my kids this morning, I went to Price Rite, the local discount grocery store, to pick up some things.

4 heads of lettuce, for starters. I can't afford that at the regular store, and we go through so much of it because of the rabbit. So I pack my cart with romaine at $1.09 a head.

The meat aisle wasn't a big success. I found boneless chicken breasts for $1.99 a lb. But alas, no ground lamb. Or any lamb, for that matter. And the beef didn't look good.

As I was standing at the meat case wondering what to make for dinner, an employee pulling a big cart was backing out of the double doors to the back room.

"You guys f#$%ing suck..." he laughed. Then he realized that I had heard him.

"Sorry," he apologized. "I didn't realize I was already on the floor"

I smiled at him.

"That's a fine way to say good morning" he joked.

"Let's try it again: Good morning!" he said.

"Good morning!" I laughed.

And it is.

No comments: