Saturday, June 30, 2007

I should be disappointed


But on such a beautiful day, how can I be? My kitchen tools hostess called me this morning to cancel our show today. She has been up all night barfing and thought it might be bad for sales. Um. Yeah.

Here's the rub: Darling husband thought I was working today, so about an hour ago he packed up the kids and headed down to Newport to see the Tall Ships. It makes no sense at all for me to drive a separate car into the tourist hell that is Newport, so I sweetly suggested that today might be a boys day out.

I am free!

Truth be told, I would love to be wrangling out-of-towners and craning my neck towards impossibly huge sailing ships, but the fact is, it isn't going to happen. So the next best thing is shoe shopping for my trip to Chicago in a week and a half. Or sitting in my nightgown and blogging while sipping coffee.

No comments: