Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I got tagged!

Rachel at Swandive tagged me! I am so excited!!!


The rules are: People who are tagged start by thinking about 7 random facts/habits about themselves. Each player then must write about those seven things on their blog, as well as include these rules. Players then need to choose 7 people to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave each person a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.

1. I have a secret office supply fetish. Manila folders in bright colors make me swoon. I love reams of paper. A freshly sharpened wooden pencil is just. so. enticing. I once met a guy who had the same fetish. His mother had been a school teacher and he had a whole closet in his house filled with construction paper, glue and staplers. I was jealous.

The irony is that my office space is a disaster area. I yearn for organization because it doesn't come to my naturally.

2. I suck the last bit of ketchup out of the little plastic packet when I think noone is looking. It is habit that goes back as far as I can remember. And frankly it is disgusting when you consider that some stranger handled the packet on it's way to your takeout bag. Which I don't. Consider that, I mean, when I am in the act.

3. I am a little phobic about the summer. As a kid and teen I would get deeply depressed in the summertime, spending days and months in a dark room watching tv or listening to a radio. I still face summers with a certain amount of unease. Perhaps it is that I am a redhead and the sun is my sworn enemy. Beaches, for me, aren't fun, even though I love the water. Plus, as I have been overweight all my life, heat is not my friend. But my kids are teaching me to enjoy it more. At the beginning of the season we pack the car with a beach chair and an umbrella and spf 10,000 sunblock and head to little beaches and the ocean all summer long. I find I sometimes actually enjoy it.

4. I love kissing my rabbit. He has a soft nose and funny buck teeth and I have discovered that he loves it when I rub my nose on his and give him little kisses. I am a little allergic to him, but it is so worth the itchy eyes to get a little bunny love.

5. My favorite style of shoes is clogs. At the beach house last weekend, I walked around in a pair of lime green crocs for 3 days. My parents were very amused.

6. I read the bible in 90 days last year and am pretty sure that I retained about 3% of it. Although maybe, at this point, I could build a pretty good approximation of a temple. It sure gets described often enough.

7. John the Baptist is one of my favorite saints.

OK:

Here are the next 7 to be tagged:

Antony, Adam, Natalia, Emily, Mary Beth, Nancy, Widening Circles

6 comments:

Rachel said...

you are so wonderful, and honest, and funny and did I say wonderful?
Great stuff sister - love love love the bunny.

Rachel Nguyen said...

I am just so excited I got tagged. I think that is the first time it has happened to me, LOL!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You are my sister from a different mother (except I love St. Teresa and no ketchup) Love Bunny, only have clogs, have red hair, HATE summer,and Office Depot is my favorite place to shop.


go girl
kate

Rachel Nguyen said...

Kate,

We are soul sisters!!!

And sure, I love St. Teresa, too.

But no ketchup? Huh? My kids would want to know what you eat with your hamburgers. And don't EVEN tell me you don't eat meat, LOL.

Love+
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I did mine here a few days ago:
meme

I didn't know until just now that you had tagged me, sorry.

Nancy said...

Thanks Rachel. I only knew two people to tag, but I answered all the questions. It is time to get back in the swing of things. Thanks for the nudge.