Monday, February 06, 2006

Job

Over the weekend, I was doing much better. The swelling in my knee was going down. The pain was subsiding. I was getting around without my cane. I even got to church yesterday and had a really great experience at the healing service. The accupuncturist seemed to help, too.

Last night, I began the book of Job. I only got a few pages into it, but already it struck me that this was one of the books that I would have to go back to and read at a more leisurely pace. It is packed full of stuff. Mostly, so far, it is about Job's despair at feeling betrayed by God. He can't understand why someone as righteous as he would be punished so mercilessly. He curses the day of his birth. He is a very pathetic puppy.

I have never felt like this health issue was a punishment. I have felt all along that God would be with me throughout it. God is faithful. I have felt the prayers of my friends... real life ones and cyber...

Well, today I have started to have a relapse of some sort. I am a lot of discomfort again and it is clear that my knee has swollen back up again. I am disappointed, it is true. I had made a lot of progress over the last couple of days. I called my husband to tell him. I cried. I went to bed. The kids trashed the house. (5 and 9. Its what they do best!) I got up and made dinner, damn it, for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks.

Beloved, stay close. I trust you.

Stay close.


No comments: