Friday, December 16, 2005

The Friday Five mistletoe edition

Every Friday the good folks at RevGalBlogPals offer up 5 questions for fun and amusement.

Here are this week's:

1) Have you ever gotten a really good kiss under the mistletoe? Tell the truth. Spare no details. Was the mistletoe real, because kisses under the fake stuff do. not. count.

I have hung real mistletoe... but I'll be hornswaggled if I can actually remember a kiss under it. Prolly too drunk to remember! LOL. (See question 4, below) I do remember when I was 15 trying to navigate my friend Simon under the mistletoe in my parent's house. I think I managed to snag a kiss... taking full advantage of his complete shock. (My not so secret crush was full on at that point!)

2) Do you know anyone who makes real eggnog, not the stuff from the carton? And if so, do you actually like it?

I don't think I have ever tasted the real stuff. For me, the carton works just fine, especially loaded up with nutmeg and rum. (Brandy?)

3) What's your favorite Christmas party album/CD ever?

I love the Big Band Christmas albums you can get for a buck in the bargain bins at stores near you. Especially Vaughn Munroe singing "Let it Snow".

4) Does your office/workplace have a party? Do the people there ever behave the way people in movies behave at office parties, which is to say, badly?

No more office parties for me, now that I am a stay at home mom... but back in my corporate days, I definately attended a few Christmas parties that deteriorated into drunken revelry. At one, a very drunk co-worker found a sign on a chain and hung it around his waist: Do Not Enter.


5) If you have to bring something to a party, what is it likely to be? Do people like it?

I make the best salads in the world. And for the Yankee Swap this year, I made Scotty Dog plaid scarves out of polar fleece. Fashionable AND practical!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those scarves sound cute!