Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Uh Oh...

This could be very very bad.

My husband has given me a refurbished old laptop for my kitchen tools gig. The idea is that I can take it to shows with me and enter all the information right there in the hostesses kitchen. But he also set it up for wireless so I can back up my files easily.

Which means I am typing this without being conneccted to a landline. Which means I could conceivably take this little, slowpoke, vintage Dell and sit in my yard under the Norway Spruce and type to my heart's content. Which might very well mean that my posts are going to get very very boring.

You have been warned.

By the way, this thing is so much slower than my typing I can't actually see the words being typed on the screen.

And another thing. More on topic for this blog:

I was at a kitchen tools gig last night and in front of everyone, the host asked my why I am so happy all the time. I must have looked like a deer in the headlights. I don't really know the right way to respond to that. What I want to say is

"I am a born again, washed in the blood of the lamb, Jesus Freak."

But I recognize that that may not have the effect I am hoping for, which is to witness.

So I hemmed and hawed and mumbled something stupid about deciding to be happy rather than miserable.

But when I got home, I figured I ought to practice some sort of response to that comment, because I actually get it fairly often. And I think this will work:

"I am a woman of faith. I am so joyful because of my gratitude for what God has given me."

That ought to do it.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Applause here. And a standing ovation. That works really well. *-)