Monday, June 05, 2006

post mortem

It hasn't yet become the soul-too-huge-for-my-body kind of experience yet. I haven't felt like I was going to bust out of my skin. But there were moments, today, when I felt clear that something had changed.

I was driving home from a meeting tonight. Driving West, just after sunset. The sky was dark, with a broad mantle of purple arched across the horizon. Royal purple. I felt as if the whole world were His robe, draped on his frame, hanging loose here, pulling tighter there.

At points today, in the midst of my busyness, I would stop, take a breath, breathe Him in. He is the air, the spirit, the flesh, the One.

Beloved,

I can't imagine how this can just keep getting better. How is it possible? How is it possible? I feel such joy.

I
feel
joy


No comments: