Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trust

I am ruminating on some things. There are some possible glitches in a business situation, and it doesn't look like it will be resolved before it is time to buy my tickets for Africa. So I am really at a loss about what to do. I have the money to go because I have sold some of my valuables, but I can't help thinking that I would feel much better about it all if I knew that everything was going to be fine.

And then, there is the matter of the dog.

My parents brought us a dog from Newfoundland. He is a sweet, sweet, guy. A year old mixed breed with a very gentle nature. But today, when we introduced him to the rabbit for the first time, it was clear that this is going to be a LONG process. Theo has been moved to Emmett's room and is being separated from the dog (Ziggy) by a series of baby gates. Honestly, I couldn't tell if Ziggy was ready to eat him, or just wanted to play with him, but either way it was not to Theo's liking. At. All.

Which means that we live in a house divided at the moment. Theo was so upset after the encounter with Ziggy this afternoon, he actually bit Emmett this evening, which has never happened before. Emmett was utterly devastated and I feel very sad indeed.

What do a trip to Africa and a new dog have in common? Patience, I think. And courage. And trust. God, grant me peace in all these areas so I can just turn them over to you and know that you are in the midst of it all, no matter how it turns out.

No comments: