Saturday, October 04, 2008

Miracles abound part 2

Yesterday morning things were bleak for our financial situation. I prayed with Nguyen that God would take care of us and by later in the afternoon a solution appeared from such an unexpected source it really could only be a miracle. Love is a miracle, isn't it? Selflessness. Generosity? All miracles.

Today, more miracles.

I decided to go pray outside the Planned Parenthood clinic in Providence. It was my first time doing such a thing. I was afraid, but prayed to God to give me courage. I said the rosary with the other people there and blessed those who cursed us and at some point ceased feeling fear and felt only love.

This from evening prayer tonight:

“But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who mistreat you.

Tonight, for the first time in his adult life, my husband confessed being a Christian.

Lord, I am humbled to be receiving such gifts and blessings. Truly I know that I have done nothing to earn them. You give them freely, and I thank you. Tonight I pray for my husband, I pray for my friend Carl, I pray for my dear P+ and I send special prayers for the woman who changed her mind at the Broad St. clinic today. Bless her abundantly Lord. She heard you...

4 comments:

Shawna Roberts said...

Blessings on your house, Rachel.
Blessings and light and life and joy and abundance.
Love
Shawna

Rachel Nguyen said...

Thank you Shawna,

Praise the Lord.

Blessings to you, too.

Love,
Rachel

Shannon said...

One abortion clinic here has a big sign up--the running total of pledges they've received since people started picketing and praying... Sad, really

Rachel Nguyen said...

Oh, Shannon, it is sad, but not surprising. Right before the 40 days campaign started, I received a letter from Planned Parenthood soliciting donations to fight their 'opponents'. (The letter was a vestige of my past life, I guess. It is difficult to admit that I used to donate to PP. Testimony, I think, to the fact that God really can change hearts.)

On the other hand, I went by the clinic to pray this morning and was greeted by giant photos of aborted fetuses. I just kept driving and went home to pray instead. Sigh.