For this mid-December Friday Five, let's explore some Yuletide favorites.
1) It's a Wonderful Life--Is it? Do you remember seeing it for the first time?
Here's the thing: I don't believe I have ever watched the thing all the way through. Even though I am a vintage movie fan, and LOVE Jimmy Stewart, I have never warmed up to this movie. Sacrilege, I know. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, by the way, is another thing entirely.
2) Miracle on 34th Street--old version or new? Haven't seen the new, liked the old.
3) Do you have a favorite incarnation of Mr. Scrooge? My former step father played him at Trinity Rep here in RI. I loved his version because, well, I recognized it, LOL!
4) Why should it be a problem for an elf to be a dentist? I've been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for years now, and I still don't get it.
Because Santa is a fascist?
5) Who's the scariest character in Christmas specials/movies?
- The Bumble
- The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Muppet Version
- That Mean Magician Who Tries to Melt Frosty
- Your Nomination
Scut Farcus in "A Christmas Story" is the scariest of all characters.