Friday, November 01, 2013

The Feast of All Saints

For me, the definition of a saint is one who says YES to God.  My dream and goal is to live a life that is one big yes.

Yes, I will follow you to a river and be washed clean by the Holy Spirit.

Yes, I will embrace the sacramental quality of my marriage and dedicate it to you.  I will say yes to raising my children to be Godly men.

Yes, I will sacrifice all that I am in order to follow you.

Yes, I will try to live a life worthy of you, sweet Friend.  And I will fail.  And I will confess and continue to ask the Holy Spirit to sanctify me despite my brokenness and sin.

Yes I will endure ridicule, disdain and even hatred in your name and the name of your blessed church.  I will say yes to rejection. I will trust you.  I will love you.  And when I falter, I will crawl back to you on my knees and beg the Holy Spirit to fill me with the courage and fortitude that is not mine, but yours.

I thank you, sweet Jesus, for all the saints you have put in my life.  My husband.  My sons. My spiritual director.  My beautiful and Godly co-workers.  My priest.  Thank you for all you have done for me through them.  Thank you for their patience and ministry and love.  May you bless them abundantly in this life and the next.

Sweet Friend, you have asked for so little and given me so much.

Today I say YES.


No comments: