Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Burned

Sometimes things seem to happen in cycles. Which is why it doesn't surprise me that I burned myself rather badly and got burned on Ebay all in the same week.

First the physical burn. I was pouring boiling pasta into a colander and the water splashed up out of the sink and landed on my belly. Now, my stomach has a nasty red burn, complete with blisters and now... ick... scabs. It is charming. Not to mention uncomfortable.

Then, Ebay. I have been in the market for a vintage, Sunbeam Radiant Control Toaster. (Uh, yeah, I know... who can account for our varied and kookie interests!) They can be pretty pricey, so when I found one for $10 bucks plus $10 shipping, I was psyched. The photo showed a lot of dust and grime, but the description said it was in excellent condition and worked great.

It isn't and it doesn't. It was DOA on arrival and was mashed badly. The seller, of course, refuses to refund my money, or even reply to my emails at this point.

So, God, what is with the crazy symbolism of the burns?

I wear one on my body and am trying like heck to let go of the other one.

Toast anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, what a bummer. i'm so sorry to hear it....may you heal quickly!

Unknown said...

Oh, Rachel. Ouch! I scalded my tummy similarly once, many years ago, such a misery. Do take care.