Saturday, November 12, 2005
This is my first Friday roundup. Hee Hee.
Here are my thoughts on these five kinds of pie.
1) Apple Pie- My brother makes the best apple pies. His are firm and full of cinnamon. He is always assigned pie duty for Thanksgiving.
2) Cherry Pie-We aren't big cherry pie people around here. For me, this evokes those weird little Table Talk pies that the cool kids brought in their lunches. We never had them. Sniff. (And was I the only one that noticed that the initials TT look alot like pi? Hmmmm.)
3) Pumpkin Pie- The other pie at Thanksgiving. I usually make this one from a can of pumpkin and a ready to unroll crust. No one in my family really likes pumpkin pie, but by golly, I do, and I make 'em because Thanksgiving just isn't complete without one.
4) Chocolate Cream Pie- The thing that gets hurled at hapless women in Three Stooges movies.
5) Pecan Pie-what can you say about this one? Pour me a glass of bourbon and bring me a fork.
Bonus Question: Do you have a favorite kind of pie not on this admittedly short list?
My all time favorite pie is plum pie. My mom makes a fierce one. Here is a recipe to try. Second best is apple with cranberries. Actually, to me, apple pie is just, well, missing something without a handful of cranberries thrown in.