Sunday, February 28, 2010

don't you think

that it is possible to be gracious and loving even when you disagree with someone? And if that someone is a non-believer, isn't it even more important to love them first, and foremost?

We disagree on some things, it is true. There may even be anger there sometimes. But when I look into your face really carefully, I see that you are a child of God, and I know that Christ loves you. And really, my friend, that is good enough for me.

So, Christians, yes you must speak the truth, but never ever forget that you must do it in love. Because love, at the end of the day, is the most critical piece.

1 comment:

John Michael Keba said...

The LXX version of Ps 4:5 is "Be ye angry and sin not; be sorry upon your beds for what ye say in your hearts" (Shrewsbury, 2004).

This is what Paul used in Ephesians 4:26, but I think the next verse says it all. Sure, we will get angry, but if we do not turn to and utilize the love we have access to, if we let the sun set on our anger, we "leave room for the devil."