Saturday, April 11, 2009

Surprise surprise

God surprises me.

I never know what to expect from Holy week. And each year it is different.

This year, I did all the same stuff, but the big surprise was that the moment... you know, THE moment, was during the Great Vigil tonight. It was when my priest was singing the beginning of the liturgy, in the darkness, in the candlelight. When suddenly I was overcome with gratitude and love and filled with such joy I could barely contain myself.

Some years, the resurrection sneaks up on me some time between Easter and Pentecost.

This year it came, a few moments early, at the very beginning of the Vigil.

Christ is risen, indeed.

Praise God.

2 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Everything okay?

Rachel Nguyen said...

Hey Singing Owl,

Everything is great! But yeah, I haven't posted in awhile. Thanks for checking in with me. :-)

Love,
Rachel