Monday, March 31, 2008

Another of my favorite new highs

Ok, in order of importance, the things that get me high:

a. God
b. Playing my djembe
c. Working out at the gym?!?!?!

The first two make sense, right? I mean, of course I get euphoric when God whacks me upside the head. Of course I feel like I am on a happy pill when I am playing drums with my peeps.

But working out? I can't imagine why it is so wonderful. There I am, slogging away on the eliptical trainer, listening to Salif Keita on my Ipod and I just can't stop grinning. While I am working out, I am usually thinking about a. and b. it's true. But sometimes I just want to close my eyes and sing along with the music. (Dangerous and irritating, I think...)

Yeah Planet Fitness.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So do you go to the gym... or did you invest in an eliptical of your own. Inquiring (and inspired) minds want to know.

Rachel Nguyen said...

I joined Planet Fitness, which is cheap. ($10 a month!) The one near me is really nice, too.

I like it!