Saturday, October 01, 2005

Spiritual equilibrium with 5 kids running around...

I usually have only two: Noah and Emmett, my 8 1/2 and 5 year old boys. But today we had the cousins over, plus an extra friend. Something about the gorgeous sunny day and the fact that I am still feeling punky made for conflicts all around. (Note: the Murphey's law of parenting is that when you feel sick, the kids bounce off the wall.)

I was deep into conflict resolution all afternoon. And at no point did I remember to be patient about it.

I think about the saints, sometimes, and am not surprised that very few of them had kids. I mean, really, how hard is it to lead a Godly life when you are sequested in some beautiful convent somewhere? They had it easy, as far as I am concerned. They didn't have fighting kids or spilled lemonade or mountains of laundry or a phone ringing off the hook. Thank God for Centering Prayer, that is all I can say.

Centering Prayer

No comments: